Sell your Retail POS products online with Lightspeed eCom (E-Series), a feature-rich ecommerce platform tailored to your product catalog, customers, and settings. By connecting your catalog, you can expand your online presence using a free website builder with built-in online store.
Lightspeed eCom (E-Series) Business Plan is included in all Retail POS Standard and Advanced plan subscriptions.
Enabling eCom (E-Series) for Retail POS
For retailers with an existing eCom (E-Series) store, please follow the steps in the next section, Connecting an existing eCom (E-Series) account to Retail POS.
To set up a new eCom (E-Series) store and connect it to Retail POS:
- Navigate to the Online tab and click the Start selling online button.
- Click Get started to follow the setup wizard and fill in required fields.
- At the end of the wizard, click the Set up how orders sync and map a payment method button.
- In the Sync orders section, under Register, you will see a new Online register. The dedicated eCom register is created automatically to track online sales separately from your in-store purchases and prevent orders from outside trading hours opening your closed register.
- Under Sync inventory levels, select one or more outlets to sync your Retail POS inventory with eCom. Inventory from these outlets will be combined and synced with your online store.
- Under Map payment methods, select what payment type to use to record eCom payments in Retail POS. This payment type will be used to record payments made online and will keep records accurate and easier to reconcile.
- Scroll to the top of the page and Save changes.
From the Online tab, you can further set up your website with your online store with important features that make it easier to manage your eCom from Retail POS.
For even more customization and management options, go to the eCom (E-Series) Admin Panel under Setup > Apps > Lightspeed eCom and click the Open in new window icon.
Connecting an existing eCom (E-Series) account to Retail POS
If you don't have an existing eCom account, please follow the steps in the previous section, Enabling eCom (E-Series) for Retail POS.
If you already have an existing eCom (E-Series) account, you can link it to Retail POS (X-Series) from your eCom Admin Panel.
- From your eCom Admin Panel, navigate to Other Channels > POS (or Other Channels > Lightspeed Retail, in this case, proceed to step 3).
- Click Connect Lightspeed Retail.
- Click Go and Yes, connect my store to Lightspeed Retail.
- Sign in to your Retail POS account. You can link only one of your Retail POS registers to your eCom account.
- Click Connect.
- You will be redirected back to your eCom account. Click Edit if changes are required or click Save settings to finish.
Your eCom store is now connected with your Retail POS account.