When you enable Loyalty, all existing customers automatically become Loyalty members. If you use Lightspeed eCom (E-Series), the same is true if new online customers make purchases. As a reminder of how Loyalty works with Lightspeed eCom (E-Series), the following will happen when a customer makes an online purchase:
- If the customer's email address doesn't already exist, Retail POS will create a customer profile for them when they complete their order online.
- In their customer profile, Retail POS will enable the Loyalty toggle.
- If you have Send welcome email enabled under Loyalty > Setup, Retail POS will send your customer an email to welcome them to your Loyalty program.
- If your customer paid for their online order in full, Retail POS will issue the loyalty earned from the online order to their customer profile right away. If your customers chose to pay for their order in store, Retail POS will issue the Loyalty earned on their online order once it's paid in full in store.
If a new in-store customer wants to become a Loyalty member, however, you can quickly sign them up at checkout. Alternatively, they can sign up themselves with a QR code on their receipt. To encourage them to fill in their details, you can offer a sign-up bonus.
Should you want to, you can also disable Loyalty for specific existing customers, whether they shop in store or online.
Sign up customers at checkout in Retail POS
- On the Sell screen, enter your customer's name.
- Select Add "X" as a new customer.
- In the Contact tab, enter your customer's contact information.
- In the Details tab, enter your customer's additional details.
- Review that the Enable loyalty for this customer toggle is enabled. It should be by default.
- Select Create new customer.
Your customer is now officially signed up for Loyalty. They'll also receive your welcome email if you enabled the welcome email setting and they included their email address when they signed up.
Sign up customers with a QR code on receipts
To encourage new customers to sign up for Loyalty in store, you can print a sign-up message and QR code on receipts. Doing so is also helpful if you're experiencing longer lines at checkout or simply prefer customers to sign up themselves.
Customers can then scan the QR Code or enter the URL in their browser to sign up for Loyalty themselves.
To display a sign-up message, QR code, and URL on receipts:
- Go to Setup > Outlets and registers.
- Select your receipt template.
- In the Footer section, select Display Loyalty QR code.
- Select Save.