What you'll need
- Test roll included
- Full rolls sold separately
*for Ethernet connections only
*for USB connections only
Make sure you have 80mm receipt rolls. To load your receipt roll, open the latch on the top right of the printer, place the roll inside, and pull some of the paper through before closing the lid.
Cash drawer (optional)
If you wish to set up your cash drawer at the same time, you'll need a specialized cash drawer cable. This looks similar to an Ethernet cable, but is smaller on one end.
Setting up your TM-m30III for iPad
- Remove the back and bottom covers of your printer.
If you're setting up your printer via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, skip to step 3.For Ethernet (LAN) or USB setups:
Ethernet (LAN) setup
Connect the Ethernet cable to the back of the printer and to your router.
Connect the Lightning to USB cable to your printer and iPad.
- Connect the AC adapter to your printer.
- Connect the AC cable to the AC adapter and an electrical outlet.
- Attach the bottom and back covers to your printer.
- Turn on your printer.
The power LED light will stop blinking and become solid once your printer is ready.
Establishing a wireless connection
If using Ethernet (LAN) or USB, skip to Inserting a paper roll.
For Wi-Fi or Bluetooth setups:
Connecting your printer to Wi-Fi
- Download the Epson TM Utility app from the App Store and install it on your iPad.
- Open the Epson TM Utility app on your iPad and select Wi-Fi Setup Wizard from the menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
Connecting your printer to Bluetooth
- Open the Settings app on your iPad.
- Tap Bluetooth under General Settings.
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned on. The Bluetooth slider should be green and switched to the right. If the slider is to the left and gray, tap again to ensure Bluetooth is on.
- Open the roll paper cover on the printer. Hold down the Feed button until the Paper LED starts flashing, then release the button.
- Close the roll paper cover. A receipt starting with "Next Action" will print.
- Once printed, press the Feed button once for less than one second, and then hold down the Feed button for at least one second. A status sheet will be printed and the printer will be ready for pairing.
- In your iPad Bluetooth settings, select the printer name that is printed on the status sheet from the list of connectable devices to pair it.
Inserting a paper roll
- To open the printer's cover, push the lever on the right-hand side of the cover away from you and lift the cover upwards.
- Insert the paper roll in the following orientation. Keep the paper roll taut so it doesn't unroll.
- Pull the paper out past the cutter at the front of the printer.
- Push the cover down to snap the lever shut.
Connecting your TM-m30III to Retail POS
- Open the Retail POS app and tap the Menu icon (☰).
- Select Settings > Hardware.
- Under Receipt printers, tap Add a printer.
- A modal will display to add your printer. Tap Follow steps to connect and add a printer > Next.
- Perform a hardware self-test by following the on-screen instructions and tap Next.
- Once your hardware self-test receipt prints, tap Next.
- Select your printer brand (Epson) and printer model (TM-m30III), then tap Next.
- Select your connection type and tap Next.
Select USB for USB connection
Select Ethernet for Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection
- Select Bluetooth for Bluetooth connection
- Follow the on-screen instructions (depending on connection type) and tap Add printer once completed.
- Confirm the printer you want to add by selecting it under connected printers and tap Next.
- Your printer is now added and paired with Retail POS. You can choose to rename your printer, perform a Test print, or tap Finish.
Printing a test receipt
Now that your Epson TM-m30III is installed, you can start using it to print your receipts in Retail POS.
To perform a test print:
- Tap the Menu icon (☰) to open the sidebar and select Sales History.
- Tap a sale to expand it.
- Tap Print receipt.
- Select the receipt template you’d like to use and tap Print.