The Services module allows you to manage services from your POS, tracking statuses and staff notes, providing visibility to you and your staff. This article will guide you through this module once your service sale has been created and paid by your customer.
Accessing the Services page
To access the Services page, navigate to Services on the main menu.
The Services page has two tabs. The Current tab shows all new services, ready to be worked on, or in progress, and the All tab shows all services including those that have been completed and canceled.
Your services can be sorted by clicking on the Sale receipt, Date scheduled, or Status columns.
- Sale receipt: sorts the list by sales by newest-to-oldest or oldest-to-newest. You can use this to track the dates of when the sales with services were made.
- Date scheduled: sorts the list by soonest-to-latest or latest-to-soonest. You can use this to track schedule services.
- Status: groups the sales with services by status. You can use this to see a high-level view of what stage all your sales with services are at.
In the Current or All tabs, you can filter and view orders based on the service Status. Using the dropdown, select a status and click Search. This will show only the sales with services with that status.
You can also search by Customer name or Receipt number to find specific services.
Click More filters to filter by Outlet.
For more information and options about a specific service sale, click on the sale number to expand.
Utilizing service statuses
With service status, you can update the progress of your services on the services page. Click on a service to expand and click Change status to...
- Ready to work (thumbs-up)
- In-progress (hourglass)
- Complete (checkmark)
The additional Awaiting part and Awaiting customer statuses can be selected manually by clicking Change status and selecting an option from the drop-down menu.
Reviewing and adding service information
Service information is the internal notes that are used to record information related to the service, such as the items that are being serviced and what work is taking place.
Navigate to the Services page and click a service to expand.
Record customer-provided items for servicing, including Item name, Serial number, Description, and Condition. When creating a new service, you can edit these item details, with changes reflecting in all historical service records. If There is no item was chosen during service creation, this section won't appear.
Work to be done
This is a record of what work needs to be carried out and where any items related to the service are located within your store.
This includes information recorded when the service was created and additional updates added as the service is worked on, including progress updates and any changes to where any items related to the service are located. To add additional work to be done information:
- Click Add note.
- Enter relevant information into the Notes and Location of item fields.
- Click Add note to finish.
Editing sales with services
You can edit partial payment/no payment sales with services.
Sales with services that have been paid in full cannot be edited, these must be voided and recreated. For instructions on voiding sales, refer to our Voiding sales using the sales history article.
Editing partial payment/no payment services (Layby)
You can fully edit partial payment/no payment sales with services where the balance has been placed on layby, including adding/removing items, and adjusting pricing, quantities, and discounts.
- Navigate to Services on the main menu
- Click on the service to expand.
- Click Continue sale.
- On the sell screen, you can:
- Add products
- Remove products
- Edit pricing
- Edit quantities
- Edit discounts
- When you've made the required edits, click Pay and then Layby.
Editing partial payment/no payment services (On account and unfulfilled)
Partial payment/no payment sales with services where the balance was placed on account or saved as unfulfilled can only be edited to add products to the sale and existing products will be locked.
- Navigate to Services on the main menu
- Click on the service sale to expand.
- Click Continue sale.
- Add products as required.
- When you've made the required edits:
- On account: click Pay and then On account
- Unfulfilled: click Pay and then Save Sale.
Viewing sales edits
You can view a record of all changes to sales with services, including the type, when the change was made, and who made the change. To view this record:
- Navigate to Sales history.
- Locate the service sale and click on the sale to expand the details.
- Click View changes.
- This will bring up a pop up with all the edits made to the sale.
This does not show changes to the service status or notes associated to the service schedule. Refer to the Adding service notes section of this article for details on tracking services.
Editing service schedules
To edit the service schedule, click Edit schedule.
This will open the service scheduler where you can edit the day and the duration of the service. You can edit the schedule even if no scheduled time was attached to the sale when it was created. You can always edit the schedule, even if a sale has been paid for in full.
Completing a service sale
Once your service is completed, you need to mark it as Completed in Retail POS.
- Navigate to the Services page and locate the service sale to be completed.
- Click on the checkmark icon on the right side of the service sale. If the service status has yet to be updated, click the service sale to expand, click Change Status, and select Completed from the drop-down menu. Then you can click the checkmark icon.
- Enter the item's location in the store to ensure a smooth pickup.
- You can send a notification email to your customer to let them know their item is ready to be picked up. By default the toggle is set to on for this feature. If you do not wish to email them, click the toggle off.
This email is sent automatically and cannot be edited or customized.
- Click Change status to completed. If your service sale was marked as unfulfilled, refer to the next section Completing unfulfilled sales to complete the sale in sales history.
Completing unfulfilled sales
After marking an unfulfilled sale as Complete on the Services page, you will also need to mark it as completed in the sales history.
- Navigate to Sell > Sales history.
- Locate the sale and click the checkmark beside the sale.
- Click Mark as complete.
Canceling a service sale
If you need to cancel a service order, you can void the sale in Lightspeed Retail. Once the sale is voided, the service is automatically marked as canceled.