The Epson TM-m10 is not supported via the Retail POS (X) for iPad.
What you'll need
- Test roll included
- Full rolls sold separately
*for Ethernet connections only
Setting up your TM-m10 for iPad
- Remove the back and bottom covers of your printer.
If you're setting up your printer via Bluetooth, skip to step 3.For Ethernet (LAN) setups: Connect the Ethernet (LAN) cable to the back of the printer and to your router.
- Connect the power cable to your printer.
- Connect the power cable to the AC adapter and an electrical outlet.
- Attach the bottom and back covers to your printer.
- Turn on your printer.
- Lift the gray latch to open the cover. Load the paper roll and close the cover.
- Wait for the Status light to turn solid blue and for the other lights to turn off.
For your printer to establish a connection, make sure that the iPad's software is up to date. To view this, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
Connecting your printer to your iPad
Connecting your printer to your iPad with an IP address
You will need the IP address to connect the printer to your iPad. To find this:
- Turn the printer off, then back on.
- Wait 10-15 seconds until the network configuration slip is printed.
Once printed, you can connect the printer to the Retail POS (X) app.
Connecting your printer to your iPad with Bluetooth
- Open the Settings app on your iPad.
- Tap Bluetooth under General Settings.
- Ensure Bluetooth is turned on. The Bluetooth slider should be green and switched to the right. If the slider is to the left and gray, tap again to ensure Bluetooth is on.
- Tap the printer name to connect. The name of your printer should look like TM-m10-XXXXXX.
Connecting your TM-m10 to Retail POS
- Open the Retail POS app and tap the Menu icon (☰).
- Select Settings > Hardware.
- Under Receipt printers, tap Add a printer.
- A modal will display to add your printer.
- For Ethernet (LAN): Tap Find a printer that's ready to add and your printer will be listed under Connected printers. Select your printer. If your printer does not show up under Connected printers, tap Follow steps to connect and add a printer > Next.
- For Bluetooth: Tap Follow steps to connect and add a printer > Next.
- Perform a hardware self-test by following the on-screen instructions and tap Next.
- Once your hardware self-test receipt prints, tap Next.
- Select your printer brand (Epson) and printer model (TM-m10), then tap Next.
- Select your printer's connection type and tap Next.
- Select Ethernet for Ethernet (LAN) connections.
- Select Bluetooth for Bluetooth connections.
- Under Connected printers, you will see your TM-m10 printer listed. Tap Add Printer.
If you're setting up your printer via Ethernet (LAN), skip to step 11.
For Bluetooth setups: Your iPad will ask you to select a Bluetooth accessory. Tap on your printer's name. There may be a delay before seeing your printer's name.
- Your printer is now connected to Retail POS. You can choose to rename your printer, perform a Test print, or tap Finish.
Connecting the cash drawer (optional)
The cash drawer connects to your receipt printer. It is triggered to open when you finish a cash or check sale and the printer prints the receipt. A manager or admin can also manually open the cash drawer directly within Retail POS.
To set up the cash drawer:
- Open the Retail POS app.
- Tap the Menu icon (☰) to open the sidebar.
- Tap Settings and choose Hardware.
- Select the printer you want to attach the cash drawer to.
- Plug the RJ12 connector cable into the receipt printer.
- On the printer settings page, toggle the Cash drawer enabled setting to On.
- Toggle the Open cash on sale setting to On.
Printing a test receipt
Now that your Epson TM-m10 is installed, you can start using it to print your receipts in Retail POS.
To perform a test print:
- Tap the Menu icon (☰) to open the sidebar and select Sales History.
- Tap a sale to expand it.
- Tap Print receipt.
- Select the receipt template you’d like to use and tap Print.
This will take you to the print preview screen. If the TM-m10 is not your default printer, tap Change to select it from the list.