The Zebra DS4608 barcode scanner is a simple scanner to set up. To set it up and start scanning items, it requires little to no assembly. It simply needs to be connected to a USB port on your computer.
To set it up:
1. Connect the USB cable to the base of your scanner.
2. Connect the barcode scanner to a USB port on your computer.
3. Enable an automatic return after scan by scanning the barcode below (also found in the Quick Start Guide packaged with your scanner):
4. From the main menu in Retail POS, navigate to Sell > Sell.
5. Scan a product in the Search for products field.
If the item you scanned appears, well done! Your scanner is now officially set up. The scanner will continue to function this way as long as the computer it's connected to is powered on.
If your scanner needs to be brought back to its factory reset default settings, scan the barcode below:
Once scanned, your scanner will be ready to be set up again.