Lightspeed Payments allows you to accept all major credit and debit cards, as well as Apple Pay and Google Pay. Now, eligible Retail POS merchants can take payments with Lightspeed Payments both in-store and online via their eCom (E-Series) store.
Requirements to use Lightspeed Payments on eCom
Before setting up Lightspeed Payments, make sure your store meets the following requirements:
- Your eCom store has legal pages, including:
- Shipping, refund, and return policy
- Terms and conditions
- Payment methods
- Contact information
- You set up your product and shipping settings in your eCom store, including:
- Adding images to all your products
- Ensuring your homepage and product content is authentic, without placeholder text
- Adding shipping methods that match your shipping policy
Setting up Lightspeed Payments for eCom (E-Series)
To set up Lightspeed Payments on eCom for Retail POS:
- In Retail POS, go to the Online tab > Settings > Payments.
- Click Apply to Enable under the Lightspeed Payments information to open up the self-guided application process in the eCom Admin Panel.
In order to process your application as quickly as possible, it is important that you provide accurate information according to your region.
- Follow the steps to apply for Lightspeed Payments. If you do not see the self-service application module or Apply to Enable button in Retail POS, contact your sales representative to apply for Lightspeed Payments.
You can view the status of your application at any time under Online > Settings > Payments.
Once set up
When you have successfully connected your Lightspeed Payments to your eCom store, use the following sections to learn more about refunding payments, reporting, chargebacks, and getting paid.
For omnichannel merchants using Retail POS (X-Series) and eCom (E-Series), refunds with Lightspeed Payments must be processed through Retail POS. Refer to the instructions for Refunds with Lightspeed Payments through eCom (E-Series) in the Processing a refund with Lightspeed Payments for Retail POS article.
To refund a payment direct to the customer's card with standalone eCom (E-Series), the refund will need to be processed in your eCom store. Refer to the Issuing refunds with Lightspeed Payments article on the eCom Help Center for more information.
If you wish to refund the payment as a store credit or cash, this can be processed in Retail POS. Refer to the Returning a sale in Retail POS (X-Series) article for more information.
Payments processed via Lightspeed Payments in your eCom store will be recorded in your eCom Merchant Portal. These will be recorded as sales in the sales history on Retail POS.
However, payments processed via Lightspeed Payments in your eCom store will not be recorded in your Merchant Portal within X-Series.
Refer to the Understanding the Lightspeed Payments reports article on the eCom Help Center for more information.
A chargeback is a dispute initiated by a customer through their bank to reverse payment on a completed transaction. As a merchant, you can choose to either dispute the chargeback or choose to accept the chargeback.
Refer to the Managing chargebacks with Lightspeed Payments article for more information.
For US merchants using Lightspeed Payments, it will take two business days for transactional funds to be paid out. This pay-out is the transaction amount, less associated fees.
Refer to the Getting paid with Lightspeed Payments article for more information.