If you're having issues connecting your Star TSP100/143 LAN receipt printer, return it to its factory defaults. To do so:
- Confirm that the power cord and your LAN cable are connected to the back of your printer.
- Make sure your printer is turned OFF.
- Turn your printer upside down and use a Phillips (cross-head) screwdriver to unscrew the small panel.
- Remove the small panel and you will see 4 dip switches labeled 1 through 4. The switches will be in the ON position.
- Push the dip switch #4 to the OFF position.
- Without screwing back the panel, turn the printer in the upright position.
- Turn your printer ON and wait 10 to 12 seconds. The printer will make some clicking sound during these seconds.
- Turn your printer OFF and upside down.
- Push the dip switch #4 back to the ON position. All 4 dip switches should be at the ON position.
- Screw back your small panel.
- Confirm the factory reset by performing a self-test. As the printer is still OFF, hold the Feed and the power button. Let go of the Feed and power button once its starts printing. It will print 2 pages.
Once you see this information, you have successfully reset your printer to its factory default configuration.