Merchants that have activated eCom (E-Series) within their Retail POS account on a Standard or Advanced plan will have access to the Online main navigation tab.
The Online main navigation tab surfaces a number of eCom (E-Series) features and settings, which allows you to manage the core functionality of your eCom (E-Series) store without having to leave Retail POS.
The overview sub-section offers options for selling on your website(s), blogs, popular marketplaces, social media — everywhere your customers shop.
- Sell on the go with Lightspeed eCom (E-Series) Mobile for iOS, Lightspeed eCom (E-Series) Mobile for Android, turning your store into a mobile app, and using Retail POS.
- Sell on social channels such as Instagram Shopping, Facebook Shop, Facebook Messenger, TikTok, and using Link in Bio.
- Sell on online marketplaces with Google Shopping, Amazon, and Ebay.
- Sell on your website using a host of web page integrations.
- Sell on your Lightspeed eCom Instant Site.
An instant site is a free website that is included in every eCom (E-Series) account. It enables you to instantly create your own website for free and start selling online at any time. Here you can see an overview of your instant store without having to leave Retail POS.
Control your store look and feel via the Design section.
- Represent your products in detail by selecting Image and video size.
- Hone that representation with Image and video aspect ratio.
- Select from Product Card details and layout options to customize how details are displayed and positioned
- Use Category name position settings to change where to display category names or hide them completely.
- Choose the layout for the information displayed on the product’s page with Product Page layout.
- Enhance your customer experience by adjusting Navigation options.
- Select how Image Gallery thumbnails are laid out.
- Adjust what is displayed in the Sidebar of the product’s page
- Personalize your Storefront navigation & colors.
- Edit, customize, or create your own theme with CSS.
For more information, refer to the Designing your online store in eCom (E-Series) guide.
Categories are groups of products that you wish to show on the same page in your store (e.g. Women's Fashion, Men's Clothing, Bestsellers). They help customers to faster navigate through the store and find the products they need, and the same product can belong to multiple categories at the same time.
For more information, refer to the Product categories section of the eCom (E-Series) help center.
Customers can use filters within your category pages as well as on the search page of your store to refine their search by specific metrics such as prices, categories, availability, special offers, brands, colors, sizes and more.
For more information, refer to the Product filters section of the eCom (E-Series) help center.
Notifications are emails that are sent to you and your customers to confirm and/or notify of various actions within Lightspeed eCom.
- Configure Order confirmation, Order status changed, Order shipped, Order is ready for pickup, and Download e-goods notifications under Customer order notifications.
- Use Customer marketing emails for Favourite products reminder, Abandoned cart recovery, Feedback request, Loyalty appreciation, Inactive customer reminder, and Purchase anniversary notifications.
- Enable Attach invoices to Order confirmation email to automatically send invoices with order confirmations.
- Customize the Sender’s name and email address customers receive notifications from.
- Add a Logo to be used in all customer notifications.
- Select whether to Show “Powered by Lightspeed eCom (E-Series)” notice in notifications.
- Configure the notifications you receive for New order placed, Low stock notification, Receive weekly stats report, and Receive copy of all customer notifications, in Admin notifications settings.
- Use Tools to automate your business processes with custom email notifications.
For more information, refer to the Setting up email notifications in eCom (E-Series) guide.
You can connect your eCom (E-Series) store to Facebook and start selling directly on Facebook. eCom (E-Series) automatically syncs all your products with your Facebook Shop and customers can browse your catalog directly through the Shop section of your Facebook page from their PC, tablets, or Facebook's mobile app.
For more information, refer to the Selling on Facebook section of the eCom (E-Series) help center.
You can also add Facebook Messenger live chat (Message Us button) to your online store so that your customers can contact you easily using Facebook Messenger.
For more information, refer to the Facebook Messenger live chat section of the eCom (E-Series) help center.
By connecting your eCom (E-Series) store with Instagram, you can sell your products on Instagram by tagging them in posts and stories. As a part of the Facebook ecosystem, Instagram uses a Facebook Shop catalog to find and tag products. Customers can then view the item’s name, pricing, description, extra photos, and a direct link to your storefront product page to purchase a product.
For more information, refer to the Tagging products on Instagram section of the eCom (E-Series) help center.
By connecting your eCom (E-Series) store with TikTok, you can sync your product catalog to and use TikTok Shopping to show products in your TikTok profile and tag items in videos. With TikTok Shopping, customers will see a bag icon in your profile or videos, which they can tap on to view your product’s name, description, photos, price, and a direct link to purchase a product in your store.
For more information, refer to the Selling with TikTok Shopping section of the eCom (E-Series) help center.
Update the settings configured during setup by navigating to Online > Settings > General.
- Edit your Store name and web address, Company name, email address and phone number, physical address, and social media accounts under Store Profile.
- Configure Regional Settings such as currency, weight and size units, store language, and date & time.
- Customize general catalog and checkout settings, compare to price, order comments, custom checkout fields, e-goods, subscriptions, customer favourites, order IDs, related products, newsletters, tips and gratuity, under Cart & Checkout.
- Integrate Tracking & Analytics with Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel and Conversion API, Pinterest Tag, Snapchat Pixel, TikTok Pixel, Google Ads Tags, Custom tracking code on Order Confirmation page, and GDPR cookie consent banner settings.
For more information, refer to the Configuring general settings for your store section of the eCom (E-Series) help center.
Setup the payment options customers can use when purchasing products from your eCom store.
- Manage Current payment methods
- Add new payment methods such as Lightspeed Payments, Stripe, PayPal and other payment types.
For more information, refer to the Adding payment methods in Lightspeed eCom (E-Series) guide.
Shipping and pickup
Configure how your customers get their purchases.
- Set up Shipping options for domestic and international shipping with a selection of carriers or use your own customer rates.
- Offer Local Delivery to deliver orders yourself in your city or outsource to trusted local services.
- Allow Self Pickup for customers to collect curbside, via drive-through, or in-store pickup.
For more information, refer to the Adding shipping and pickup methods in Lightspeed eCom (E-Series) guide.
Adjust integration-specific settings between Lightspeed eCom (E-Series) and Retail POS.
- Choose the Retail POS register used to report sales performance and payments for all your online sales under Sync Orders.
- Select the outlets that inventory is available from and sync it with your online store under Sync inventory levels.
- Choose the Retail POS payment type that online sales will be recorded against for reporting purposes under Map payment methods.