In Retail POS, you have three different roles to assign to your users by default. The admin, the manager and the cashier. New roles can be created and configured using a "base role" of cashier or manager.
Only admins can create and modify new custom user roles.
If you would like to create a custom role, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to Setup > Users.
2. Click the Roles tab at the top of the page.
3. Click Add role.
4. You can create a custom role based on either the cashier or manager role. Select on the role you would like to use as a base for the new custom role.
5. Customize your new user role permissions. Refer to our Setting user roles and permissions in Retail POS (X-Series) guide for a breakdown of the available permissions.
6. Once all options have been configured, name your custom role at the top of the page and click Save.
Once you've saved the custom role, it will be displayed alongside your other roles on the roles tab and can be configured as per other roles.
To delete a custom role, click on the role you would like to delete, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click Delete.
Prior to deleting a custom role, all users assigned to that role must be re-assigned to a different role.
A custom role can be re-assigned to any user by editing the user and selecting a new role from the drop-down list.
Only admins can re-assign users to either a cashier or manager-based custom role.
Managers can re-assign cashiers to a cashier-based custom role.