The replenishment report summarizes closing inventory, items sold, and days' cover. This report includes options to add reorder points and amounts, along with other metrics to help you to stay on top of what you need to order and when.
You can use this report to:
- Make sure you always keep your top-selling products in stock and never miss a sale.
- Predict when products might run out.
- Understand customer demand for products with seasonal swings.
- Estimate the cost of an order.
What can it tell you?
The report presents information about what products you have and what you’ve sold.
- SKU name: The name and SKU of the product.
- Closing inventory: Your inventory at the end of your selected date range. If that is today then it equals your current stock on hand.
- Items sold: The total items you sold in your selected date range.
- Items sold per day: The average daily sales in your selected date range.
- Days cover: The number of days before your closing inventory will run out based on items sold per day.
- Average cost: The average unit cost of on-hand inventory during your selected date range.
Check out how you can customize your inventory reports.
Using the replenishment report
Find out what you have and what’s running low
The report shows your top-selling products first, which includes all inventory. Change the report measure to Low inventory to focus on products below their reorder point. Change the measure to On-hand inventory to focus on products you currently have in stock.
Order based on customer demand
Let’s say you sell socks and you need to understand which type is selling out fast or might sell out in an upcoming season. Change the date range to show sales last week, or a similar period in the past.
Plan and manage stock transfers between outlets
Have multiple stores? Select Format results and choose By outlet to see customer demand and inventory in each store to plan your stock transfers.
Keep track of inventory that is transferring between your stores with the stock on transfer metric.
- Click the plus (+) symbol on the far right side or the table.
- Check the box beside Stock on transfer.
- Click Update report. This will add a column to the table showing how much stock is expected from other outlets but hasn't been received yet.
The products shown in this metric have been removed from the sending location inventory but have not been received by the recipient outlet. Products shown in this metric are not included in inventory counts for either outlet.
Plan supplier orders
You can export the replenishment report and use it to calculate how much inventory you need to cover your next period. If you want to add more columns to your report, click the + sign next to SKU name to add Supplier code, Brand, Supplier, Type, or Tag columns.
If you'd like to add more measures to your report, click the + sign next to the Avg cost column. From here, you can select a variety of measures to include in your report. When finished selecting everything you want to be included in the report, click Export report.