Retail POS will not properly load within the Chrome browser of a PC/Mac. Will show a blank or white screen, stuck loading, greyed out screen instead of loading into Retail POS properly.
- Retail POS for Mac or PC
- Chrome browser
This can be caused by the cache within Chrome not properly loading or formatting existing information for the Retail POS website.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Open a new tab.
- Type or copy and paste
chrome://settings/clearBrowserDatainto the address bar, and press Enter.
- Set the Time range to All time.
- Click the boxes next to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files so that they have checkmarks.
- It is not necessary to clear other types of browsing data.
- Click Clear data.
After you clear cache and cookies:
- Some settings on sites get deleted. For example, if you were signed in, you’ll need to sign in again.
- If you turn sync on in Chrome, you’ll stay signed into the Google Account you’re syncing to in order to delete your data across all your devices.
- Some sites can seem slower because content, like images, needs to load again.