The Socket Mobile S700 scanner is currently experiencing issues scanning Bookland EAN codes. These codes are used globally for books and begin with the numbers “978”.
The Socket Mobile S740 scanner is unaffected by this issue and Socket Mobile recommend that retailers with affected S700 scanners reach out to their supplier to get the model replaced.
For all queries related to this issue, please contact the Socket Mobile support team.
- Retail POS on iPad
- Go to Settings
- Click on Bluetooth
- ClickNext to Socket Mobile Scanner
- Click 'Forget this Device'
- Hold the Scanner button above the power button for 3 seconds until 'Bluetooth ' flashes on the device
- Now Scan the barcode
- Re-connect the Scanner via Bluetooth
- The Scanner will show 'Connected' status
- Restart the iPad
Perform a factory reset If scanner is undetected.