To fix duplicate invoice numbers by voiding one of the duplicate sales and recreating it.
- Retail POS for Mac or PC
Void the sale:
- Navigate to Sell - Sales History
- Locate the sale to be voided and click to expand
- Click Void
- Click Void Sale
Recreate the sale:
- Navigate to Sell
- Add the products, discounts etc to mirror the previous sale
- Click Pay
- Add a note if required, then click Cash/Other Payment Type
- Navigate to sales history
- Locate the sale
- Click to expand
- Click Edit
- Select the payment type from the drop-down
- Click Save
- The invoice/receipt number for the recreated sale will be in sequence for the current day.
- When manually applying a payment to a sale, the payment will be contained in the current open Register Closure.