To enable or disable Chrome from using its print preview screen when printing and to change the default to Windows print service.
- Retail POS for PC
- Click the Windows logo in the bottom left corner.
- Search for Task Manager.
- Click Google Chrome.
- Click End Task to ensure Chrome is completely closed.
- Find the Google Chrome shortcut that you use the most, right-click it, and select Properties.
- In the Properties dialog box, locate the Target field. Add a space at the end of the existing line.
- To modify Chrome's print behavior, include one of the following options:
- --enable-print-preview: Enables Chrome's print preview feature.
- --disable-print-preview: Disables Chrome's print preview, using the Windows print dialog instead.
- --kiosk-printing: Bypasses all print dialogs and prints directly to the Windows default printer.
- Click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
- Open Chrome using the modified shortcut and test the new print settings.
After modifying your Chrome shortcut, update all other Chrome shortcuts on your computer, like those on the desktop or taskbar, to ensure consistency. Additionally, consider renaming the shortcuts based on the settings applied to easily distinguish between multiple options, such as 'Chrome – Print Preview' or 'Chrome – Kiosk Mode'.