- Retail POS for Mac or PC
Yes - QuickBooks Desktop can be connected to Retail POS via POS Accounting, allowing your day-to-day sales information to be available to you.
POS Accounting is a third-party application used by merchants wanting to connect to the Desktop version of Quickbooks. The integration automates the process of transferring of the end of day data from Retail POS (X-Series) to your accounting software without any manual intervention (after the initial setup). For support, contact xseries_ob[at]posaccounting.zendesk.com
We recommend continuing to connect to Quickbooks Online from within your Retail POS (X) app.
POS Accounting integration features
- Automation that eliminates manual data entry errors and expensive VAT/tax audits and helps in timely filing of the taxes
- Data in the accounting software to help merchants make business critical decision by looking at the PnL reports
- Timely recording of the on account sales in the accounting software helps in generating the customer statements for merchants who do on-account sales
- Ensures bank deposits match payments recorded in POS by helping with ‘double accounting’
- Automatic recording of the transaction processing fees reduces the manual calculation component for the payment reconciliation