My Sell Screen isn't loading and has been stuck on 'Getting ready to sell' for a while now. How can I fix this?
- Retail POS for Mac or PC
- Google Chrome
In this case, the first step would be to clear your cache:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Open a new tab.
- Type or copy and paste
chrome://settings/clearBrowserDatainto the address bar, and press Enter.
- Set the Time range to All time.
- Click the boxes next to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files so that they have checkmarks.
- It is not necessary to clear other types of browsing data.
- Click Clear data.
You could also try increasing Chrome's data quota to save more data.
- Open Terminal
- Paste the following line:
defaults write com.google.Chrome DiskCacheSize -integer 3145728000
- Tap Enter
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Right-click the Google Chrome icon on the taskbar, then right-click the Google Chrome entry and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab.
- In the Target field, add
--disk-cache-size=size in bytesto the end of the text.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disk-cache-size=2147483648
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
If the issue persists after clearing Chrome's cache and adjusting its data quota, it's likely due to limited storage space on your computer. Freeing up space by deleting unnecessary apps, documents, or photos and then refreshing Retail POS might resolve the problem.
Running Chrome in incognito mode will also temporarily allow you to access the sell screen if you need to do so quickly.