To issue store credit to your customers as part of a return, follow the steps below:
1. Head to Sell > Sales history and find the sales record for the returned product.
2. Click the return button on the right to load the return on the sell screen.
Make sure the customer is attached to the return. If you did not attach your customer to the original sale, you need to add them now so you can add the store credit to their customer account.
3. Remove any items your customer does not wish to return and click the Refund button.
4. You should now be on the payments screen. To issue this returned amount as store credit, click the blue Store credit button at the bottom of the page.
5. This completes the return and adds store credit equal to the value of the returned item to your customer's account.
6. You can also see that the receipt for this return includes the current store credit balance of the customer.
For more information on enabling and issuing store credit in Retail POS, check out this article.