Instead of canceling, you can pause your Retail POS account for a monthly fee to save all your data until you need it again! This is perfect for seasonal businesses, or when you just need a break from selling and want to pick up where you left off when you're ready to start selling again. For further information on pausing your account, read our Pausing your Retail POS account (On-Ice) guide.
Are you sure you want to cancel your account? Your Retail POS experience doesn't need to end here! Search the Help Centre for our guides on how to make your store better catered to your business's needs.
However, if you still wish to cancel your account permanently, follow the steps below.
Before canceling your Retail POS account
Export your data
It is important that you understand that once you cancel your account, all of your data will be permanently deleted and cannot be recovered.
Also for merchants on a contract, you will be charged the remainder of the contract term upon cancelation. We do not offer pro-rated refunds if you decide to terminate an annual or monthly contract early. See the Lightspeed Service Agreement for more details.
- Export your sales data. This can be exported from the Sales history(Sell > Sales history). Refer to our Exporting your Sales Data from Retail POS for steps on how.
- Export your product list. This is exported from the Products page.
- Export your customer list. This is exported from the Customers page.
- Export your register closures from Reporting > Register closures.
- Export your sales reports. These can be found under Reporting > Sales reports on the sidebar.
- Export your tax reports. These can be found under Reporting > Tax reports on the sidebar.
- To export any additional reports you might need, including any gift card and store credit reports, please contact Support for assistance.
Once you've exported all your data, you are now ready to cancel your account.
Cancel third-party app subscriptions
Any third-party app subscription billed through your Retail POS account must be canceled prior to canceling your Retail POS account. If they are not canceled prior to canceling your Retail POS account, the third-party app subscription will continue to be billed.
For more information on how to cancel a third-party app subscription, refer to our Managing third-party app subscriptions in Retail POS (X-Series) guide.
Cancel your Retail POS account
Your account can be canceled through chat with a few clicks in our chat window.
To cancel your Retail POS account:
- Navigate to Setup > Billing.
- Scroll down on the page and click on Cancel my account located on the bottom-left side of the page.
- The chat window will open on the bottom-right side of your screen and Speeder, the Lightspeed bot, will ask how it can help you.
- Select I want to cancel my account.
- Select your reason for canceling your account.
- Continue to follow the prompts to finish the cancellation of your account.
Deleting the Retail POS app from your iOS devices will not cancel your plan. You must follow the steps above to achieve this before deleting the Retail POS app.
However, deleting the Retail POS app does delete locally stored information on your iOS devices.