You can quickly and easily import products (including supply price and quantity) to a new or saved order from a CSV file.
This is a great way to quickly create a large purchase order, such as from a data file created by a handheld inventory scanner.
Follow the steps below to do this:
Create your CSV file
You need to set up a CSV file with your order items.
Download an example CSV template below to get you started, or create a CSV file using your spreadsheet software (we recommend Open Office, although you can also use Excel or Google Docs) with 4 column headers:
- The product handle: Must match an existing product in Retail POS (optional field)
- The product SKU: Must match an existing product in Retail POS (mandatory field)
- The per-item supply price: Important for average costs figures (optional field)
- The quantity: For each item you wish to order (mandatory field)
Add your products to your CSV file. To make this easier, you can export a CSV list of product SKU and handles, filtered by tag, supplier or name.
If you select a supplier for your stock order, all the products imported must have the same supplier as the supplier selected
Import your CSV file into a stock order
- Navigate to Inventory > Stock Control > Order Stock.
- Fill out the required fields.
- Under Products, click Import via CSV.
- Click Choose File and select the CSV you created.
- Save the order and the imported items will appear on the complete order screen.
To import items in a CSV file to an existing supplier stock order or stock transfer, select a previously saved stock order or stock transfer and click the Import Products button. Follow the prompts to complete
Once you have received all the items in your order, select Save and Receive. For more details on receiving a stock order, click here.
If you include a product that's from an incorrect supplier, when we import your CSV file, we will delete this item.
If you don't specify a supply price for an order, we will use the supply price on the product page for that product.
The product will be added to your order, and the supply price you tell us will be used for that order. Don't worry, this doesn't change the price on your product page - just for this order and will be used for reporting later on.
We'll assume you're getting it at two different supply price levels, and add it as two different items to your order at each supply price.
We'll assume a mistake was made and add all the quantities together, so you only have the product listed once.
It is not possible to import items to an order after it has been marked as Sent.
- stock-import (1).csv56 Bytes